Listening.

Listening.
Oil on canvas.
60.7 x 50.5 cm.

                                                             

This is a painting about listening to your inner child maybe?, I'm not sure... I remember the plastic dinosaurs that everyone seemed to collect in the 70s, I remember the caps we had at cubs. Both memories fed into this image... 

Or to put it in pretentious art speak: this painting explores the dynamic intrinsic dichotomy of the infantalisation of the adult though a process of osmosis as perceived by the inner mind. I seek to explore the juxtaposition of wisdom of adulthood and the innate wisdom of the child... 

And this my friends is why I detest art critics and chose to avoid fine art, and did a illustration degree. I am tired of bad terrible pretentious art dressed up as being meaningful because it ticks the correct boxes. 

Comments

Popular Posts